The University of the Philippines Manila - Ongaku Manga Anime Kosupure Eiga (UPM-OMAKE) has come to its fourth year of Maid Café! Every UPM Fair, the students are able to experience the goodness of our dishes served by the organization’s accomodating and adorable maids and butlers! And for this time, we will make it better!
Savor your tastebuds to our last year’s bestseller, Fried Oreos; let’s bring your morning delight by taking a bite of our sumptuous pancakes; chill and brainfreeze in the sunny afternoon with our Kakigori (Japanese shaved ice with syrup); and so much more!
See us this coming CAS Feb Fair on the 13-17 January at the Little Theater Walk, and indulge with all the goodies our maids and butlers can give!
See you all soon!
Please follow my Japanese language&culture blog :)
I post about everything from kimono to food, martial arts, history, castles, vocabulary, you name it. Help support a new blog!
Heads up, Research Division! :D
Since I’m now 50% free from acadshit, I’ve decided to do something productive today… and thought of getting back to my org tasks, like finishing the mascot designs for UPM-OMAKE. So I suddenly grabbed my 5B pencil and drew Omi (at long last.) Those Omi’s you see right there will serve as prototypes, so expect for further changes and improvements on the next few weeks, or even months, depending on the time when I have the motivation and inspiration to draw these mascots again. :)
And yes, there’s Aki too. It has been a while of drawing her, haha. By the way, do not mind the girl with the backpack on the first image. She was there due to my “random shape practice”/warm-up because I haven’t drawn for ages. D:
THE LOGGIE-SAMA AND PADDIE-CHAN MASCOT CONTEST (cross-posted from the FB group)
Hello everyone. :) Due to several positive responses I’ve got regarding the anthropomorphic version of loggie-sama and paddie-chan… Okay, brace yourselves with this!
~THE LOGGIE-SAMA AND PADDIE-CHAN MASCOT CONTEST~
- All official constituents of OMAKE (senseis, jukousha, taichou, except for the kokkai) are eligible to join the contest.
- All you have to do is to draw either loggie-sama or paddie-chan (you only have to choose one of them) in their anthropomorphic form, whole body. Traditional media only.
- Draw it in an 8.5x11 in. paper, and it should be colored. Indicate a brief description about your Loggie-sama or Paddie-chan drawing.
- You can draw as many as you like.
- Submit it on a clean, brown envelope. Indicate your full name on the front of the envelope (note: not on the flip part, please.) Give it to any Kokkai at the OMAKE tambayan (note to Kokkai: NEVER OPEN THE ENVELOPE, THANKS.)
- Deadline: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2 (mark that date, everyone. You have so much time to prepare for it. Cramming the drawing would lessen its quality, so please take time conceptualizing about it!)
- Judging of entries will be done the week after the deadline.
- Prize: A treat to Pepper Lunch worth 500 Php (one for the Loggie-sama winner, and one for the Paddie-chan winner!); ownership of character design for Loggie-sama or Paddie-chan!
- Disclaimer: I do not encourage copying/tracing other people’s artworks and/or concepts from anime/game character designs. We can notice it easily if you dare do this. Just feel free to interpret Loggie-sama or Paddie-chan with all your heart’s content!
Good luck! :3
We are happy to announce the final results of the evaluation process! Out of the 19 new members who applied for the division, only 10 can be chosen as a part of the group.
We hope to see new kinds of creative styles and techniques, as well as dedication and passion from them!
Kakumei no tameni, iie o imasen! :3